Ayurveda Herbs For Infertility
Infertility is defined as not conceiving even after having regular sex for a period of time without using any contraception. Research suggests that 1 in 7 couples suffer from Infertility even after regular sex for two years. Infertility may be caused due to problems in men or women, sometimes both. Women who are below age of 35 conceive little easier than women above age of 40. IVF is most common alternative for couples with infertility. It is the considered more success full than Artificial insemination.
- PCOS – PCOS is one of the most common causes for Infertility, ovaries in women suffering from PCOS contain small cysts on ovaries and they produce more androgens, improper consumption of insulin causing weight gain, acne, irregular periods, and difficulty in ovulation.
- Endometriosis – Endometrium is lining of the uterus, in endometriosis endometrium is found outside uterus on pelvis, ovaries etc. It is associated with painful periods, low back ache, fertility issues.
- PID – Pelvic Inflammatory Disease is a condition associated with infection of the pelvis organs like fallopian tubes, ovaries which result in scar tissue making it difficult for ovum to implant some times.
- Miscellaneous – Previous surgeries to ovaries, fallopian tubes, fibroids, chemo therapy, and previous illness like diabetes are some of the causes.
- Undescended Testes – In some cases testes doesn’t descend in to the scrotum which makes it difficult.
- Diseases of Testes – Some diseases of testes like mumps, tumours of testes are responsible for causing infertility in male.
- Low Quality Sperm – It might be due to increased scrotal temperature, varicocele, some drugs like colchicine, tetracycline’s, chemotherapy are some of the reasons.
- Hormonal Imbalance – Hormonal imbalance due to any disease like Cushing’s syndrome and hyperprolactinemia.
- Stress – Stress is an important factor in causing infertility research suggest that daily exercise and meditation can help relieving stress.
Here I am outlining some of the ayurvedic herbs which are useful in infertility. It is not recommended to take any herbs with out proper guidance from ayurveda practitioner.
Aswagandha also known as “Winter cherry”, “Indian Ginseng” well known for its many useful properties; nervine tonic, immune booster, aphrodisiac, stress buster and anti-inflammatory uses. Ayurveda described it as Rasayana drug. It is usually suggested in cases of infertility due to its aphrodisiac properties. It is one of the main drugs recommended by ayurveda doctors for stress and general debility. Research shows that Aswagandha has shown some promising results in reducing stress, anti-cancerous activity, useful in degenerative diseases like Parkinsonism etc.
Also known as Cowhage or Cowitch. It is helpful in male infertility, sterility, debility. It is main recommended drug in Parkinson’s disease.
Well known as Asparagus root (white). Mainly known for its use in female reproductive debility, leucorrhoea, Infertility, menopause. It is very useful in regulating hormonal imbalances in female reproductive system caused by PCOS like conditions.
Also known as Goat’s head, Puncture vine. It is not only the best diuretic herb used in treating genitourinary disorders but also one of the best male aphrodisiac drug.
Also called Saffron is used commonly in food flavouring, spice and food colouring. It is useful in PMS, amenorrhea, leucorrhoea and male Infertility. Drink warm milk with a pinch of saffron every night before bed to regularising menstrual irregularities and aids in infertility.
An Ayurvedic exclusive preparation with herbs which are useful in promoting fertility. It is prepared with vital ayurvedic herbs which aid in fertility. It is uterine tonic also useful in dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, supporting mother and foetus during pregnancy and leucorrhoea.
That’s not all Ayurveda has best panchakarma treatments for curing infertility. Please get in touch to find out more about infertility and how we can help you